WinLimo can be easily configured so that when taxi, limo or paratransit companies are booking new trip reservations, all the essential information you need is captured.
For example, some of your corporate transportation accounts may require that a purchase order, booking reference number or voucher number is captured for billing purposes. Or, perhaps on airport pickups, you would like your call-taker to make note of the airline and terminal number.
Follow these simple steps to configure your WinLimo Dispatch system:
- Go to administration -table maintenance, then choose: Required Information
- Create all the different types of required information you may require. For example, to add Airline as a required information field, press the Insert Key, type a 2 digit short code such as “AL” into the code field. Now type a description, such as “Airline” in the next field. In the 3rd field, Enter “C” to allow alpha-numeric entries, “N” for numeric only entries or “D” for date entries. In the 4th field, enter the maximum number of characters the entry can be. For Airline, 10 characters should suffice. Now, press the “Page Down” key to save this entry.
- Once you have created required information fields, you can attach them to “Landmark Types” and/or Accounts” as you see fit.
- To attach required information to a landmark, such as in the Airline example above, first create a Landmark Type. Go to table maintenance -landmark types -and create a new landmark type for “Airport Pickup”. Press Insert to add a new record, enter a 2 digit short code for the landmark type such as “AP” for “Airport Pickup”. Then, enter a description, such as “Airport Pickup”. Now, enter as many as 4 Required Information short codes that you created previously, such as AL for Airline and TN for Terminal Number.
- Now, go to Landmarks and create a Landmark for Airport Pickup”. In the Landmark Type field, choose “AP” to define it as an Airport Pickup Landmark.
- To see how it works, open the Call Booking window (Order Entry) and type the letters “AP” into the pickup landmark field. You will be prompted to enter the airline -such as “United” and the Terminal Number, such as “C2″.
- In our other example, let’s assume one of your corporate billing accounts needs a reference number on each trip reservation before they will pay for it. After creating the required information field for “Reference Number” in the previous step, you would now go to that account record, open it, and enter the 2 digit code you created above into the “Req Info” field for this account. Now, when your call-taker books a trip reservation for this account, they will be automatically prompted to enter the booking reference number.
Future Quest Wireless is excited to announce the launch of GPS Commander, web-based GPS tracking that is reliable, affordable and easy to use.
For Limousine, Paratransit and Taxi companies, GPS Commander’s Scout PT solution allows the tracking of the driver’s smart phones with minimal degradation on battery life. In addition to the benefits GPS tracking provides for improving dispatch efficiency, Scout PT provides a driver emergency button that allows the drivers to summon assistance when a safety compromising situation occurs. For as little as $10.00 per month, Scout PT provides an immediate return on investment to both the drivers and dispatch office.
GPS Commander’s also offers an ultra-low cost GPS tracking unit, called Ranger CT, that can be easily installed out of sight in any vehicle. Ranger CT can monitor ignition on, meter on/off as well as a driver emergency switch and real-time location and speed. At less than $100.00 capital cost, Ranger CT sets new standards for value and performance.
Scout PT and Ranger CT vehicles or drivers can be monitored from any PC via the Internet on GPS Commander’s easy to use gps tracking portal, with high quality Google Maps with street, satellite and Earth views. Fleet Supervisors can also monitor their fleets in real time from their own smart phones.
Click here to explore GPS Commander.
Future Quest Wireless is pleased to announce that, effective immediately, WinLimo hosting has been moved to a Cloud Server configuration.
“There are numerous benefits to cloud computing”, states Future Quest Wireless President, Gord Walsh. “Perhaps most importantly however, the infinite scalability, redundant Internet and fail safe power capabilities are features that ensure WinLimo customers will receive optimum reliability and performance.”
Future Quest chose highly respected RackForce.com as the Cloud Server provider, a company known for it’s state of the art facilities and stable environment. The cloud configuration means that meeting capacity needs due to rapid growth will no longer be an issue, as expended server resources can be added dynamically on the fly.
Welcome to the WinLimo blog!
While our website has been changed and this blog just launched, WinLimo is a very mature product; the result of over 15 years of constant programming. Many of the changes and improvements to WinLimo and its sister products, the TranWare Enterprise suite, are the result of customer requests we have received. We hope that this blog will continue that trend and make it easier to communicate such changes and requests to our clients going forward.
Through this blog, we will endevour to accomplish 3 objectives:
- Keep our customers abreast of new product and feature developments, as we are constantly improving and adding features, to improve its performance and capabilities.
- Provide tips and tricks on how to maximize the benefits WinLimo provides to your business.
- Provide a forum that allows existing clients to research system capabilities, report issues or request new features
Please take a moment to bookmark this blog and check back once in a while for updates or subscribe to the RSS feed by clicking on the button. Also please feel welcome to submit your questions, comments and suggestions!
Future Quest Wireless Inc.
We have hired web developers that are working around the clock to bring our new site on the air! I have had the pleasure of seeing the site throughout it’s transformation, and it’s coming along nicely. We incorporated a flash menu that showcases the main features of our system on the homepage. From there one can visit the main features page to learn even more. We have implemented step-by-step demonstrations throughout the web site to show the depth of WinLimo. If any questions arise we have a detailed FAQ section as well as a convenient contact form.
WinLimo is happy to announce that we have launched our blog! Our site will be on the air shortly!